TAFE SA, the Department for Industry and Skills and Brand South Australia invite you to an informative event that celebrates the valuable skills apprentices and trainees can bring, the contribution they can make to your business, and how your organisation could be a few clicks away from hosting one.
Join the Hon. David Pisoni MP, Minister for Industry and Skills who will speak about the Government’s commitment to invest $100 million to create 20,800 apprenticeships and traineeships over four years, with a further $103 million provided by the Australian Government under the Skilling Australians Fund National Partnership Agreement.
Guests will also hear from:
- Michael Boyce OAM, Chair of the Training and Skills Commission
- Marie Paterson, Chief Executive Officer at the Construction Industry Training Board
- Greg Bassani, Acting Director Mining, Engineering, Transport, Building and Construction, TAFE SA
- Laura Pivovaroff, 2017 Apprentice of the Year and Jeweller at Wishart Jewellers
To close, a panel of industry business leaders will share their personal experiences taking on apprentices and trainees, and how it has further enhanced and enriched their business, and the process and ease in which it was done. Panelists include:
- Datacom, Libby Ewing-Jarvie, Head of Business Services
- SA Power Networks, Angela Coker, Manager Learning and Development
- REDARC Technologies, Dr. David Murfett, Engineering Manager
Don’t miss this informative event and learn how your business could benefit from a trainee or apprentice.
Thursday 21 February 2019
9.00am to 11.30am
Adelaide Convention Centre
No cost to attend
Targeted audience: small, medium & large businesses of all sectors, not relevant for students or parents