BRAND SOUTH AUSTRALIA PURPOSE
To monitor, manage and improve perceptions of South Australia as an attractive State to live, work, invest, learn in or visit.
INSIDE SOUTH AUSTRALIA OBJECTIVE
Independently create and distribute positive stories that reflect the State’s economic and strategic priorities.
Each story will be assessed through the following editorial prisms prior to proceeding with production.
- About South Australia or a strong connection
- A positive story
- Reflect the State Brand’s DNA
- Original or interesting
- Broad appeal
- Reinforce South Australia’s economic and strategic positions
- Personable/emotional/character connection
EDITORIAL CODE OF CONDUCT
All Brand South Australia content providers agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Present only fair and accurate material.
- Use fair and honest means to obtain news, films, tapes and documents.
- Content providers to identify themselves and their employers before obtaining any interview for publication or broadcast.
- Direct quotations should never be changed to alter their context or meaning.
- Photographs should be a true representation of events. Photographs should be used in context, captions should be fair and accurate, and digitally enhanced images and illustrations must be clearly labelled.
- No personal opinion in content.
- Never place unnecessary emphasis on gender, race, sexual preference, religious belief, marital status or physical or mental disability.
- Respect all confidences in the course of story gathering.
- Personal interests should never influence them the course of professional duties.
- Story gathering should never be influenced by any consideration, gift or advantage offered and, where appropriate, shall be disclosed in a gift register.
- Never allow advertising or commercial considerations to influence story content.
- A correction or clarification will be published where a significant inaccuracy or distortion has been made.
BRAND SOUTH AUSTRALIA DNA
As part of the State Brand redevelopment, research was commissioned into the perceptions of South Australia interstate and overseas. These perceptions determined the ‘Brand DNA’.
Central to the role of Brand South Australia is to amplify the State’s positive DNA.
- Easy / Accessible / Liveable
- Creative / Innovative / Industrious
- Fair / Honest / Tolerant
- Vibrant / Energetic
- Leadership / Belief & Passion
- Freedom / Spacious / Unspoilt
- Progressive / Opportunities
- Networked / Connected